We know that finding a reliable lawyer of in another country is a complicated task that requires a great investment of time. Only small and medium law firms are fully aware of their local market, and are able to adapt to the needs that require foreign companies. The network allows a quick solution to a legal problem in another country through the law firm of its place of residence.
Rua Estevão Ataíde, # 20 - 1 Andar
Bairro da Sommerschield
Languages: Spanish and English.
CM&A is an independent law firm, based in Maputo. The firm endeavours to provide high quality and efficient legal representation in all areas of its practice, and employs a multi-disciplinary problem-solving approach when assisting clients. The company focuses on providing quality legal services, in accordance with best practice and international standards. Its team members have the capacity to provide advice regarding several areas of law, and can communicate well in both English and Portuguese.
CMA’s lawyers are duly registered with the Bar Association, and the firm is a member of the Chamber of Commerce Mozambique – United States of America, and the France – Mozambique Business Club.
The Statutes of the Mozambican Bar Association and our own confidentiality obligations do not allow us to disclose the identity of our clients.
However, we can state that our portfolio of clients includes NGO’s (Non-Governmental Organizations), as well as foreign and national companies involved mainly, but not exclusively, in agriculture, aquaculture, construction, energy, health, industry, security and tourism.
With respect to consultancy and legislative reform, the majority of our services are provided to public entities, in relation to the reform of the public sector.
- Companies/associations/foundations/branches - incorporation, registration and licensing
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Secretarial matters (drafting of resolutions, minute books)
- Commercial Agreements (including joint venture agrements)
- Share transfers and company sales
- Dissolutions and winding-up
- Immovable property transactions
Investment and Exchange Control
- Applications to the Investment Promotion Centre (CPI) and tax benefits
- Applications for industrial free zone status
- Applications to the Central Bank (shareholders’ loans)
- Approval of loans and fund remittances
Labour and Immigration Law
- Drafting employment contracts
- Drafting internal regulations
- Instituting disciplinary proceedings
- Obtaining work and residence permits for foreigners
- Legal opinions regarding aspects of labour law
Consultancy and Legal Reform
- Negotiations with Government
- Presenting proposals regarding new legislation
Tourism and Land
- Obtaining tourism licences
- Providing advice on tourism legislation
- Land right concessions
- Licensing of companies providing public and private construction services
- Registration of technical/specialized staff with the Ministry of Public Works
- Requests for equivalence certificates
- Assisting clients with cases involving labour, administrative and civil law (pre-judicial and judicial)
- Customs and tax litigation
- Arbitration and mediation
- Incorporation and licensing of private clinics
- Assistance with complaints and other related matters, in relation to fines issued by the Health Department
- Assistance with the incorporation and licensing of companies which provide private security services.
- Assistance on Tax matters, Custom and Investments.