We know that finding a reliable lawyer of in another country is a complicated task that requires a great investment of time. Only small and medium law firms are fully aware of their local market, and are able to adapt to the needs that require foreign companies. The network allows a quick solution to a legal problem in another country through the law firm of its place of residence.
1195, rue Wellington, oficina 301
Montreal (Québec) H3C 1W1
Languages: French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Italian and Farsi.
Founded in 2016, Novalex is a high-impact business law firm offering efficient 360° legal services tailored to the individual needs of its clients. We act for public and private organizations and institutions, as well as for individual and commercial businesses, based in Quebec, elsewhere in Canada and abroad. Our team consists of 21 lawyers, including 12 women.
Our mission is to make cutting-edge legal services accessible to everyone, regardless of the financial means of the person or organization. This is why we reinvest part of our profits in our legal clinic which provides, on a pro bono basis, legal services to low-income individuals, NPOs and eligible social enterprises and startups. Through our impactful mission, we rendered more than 30,000 hours of pro bono legal services to people and organizations who would not otherwise have had access to a lawyer.
Our legal clinic s flagship project is Novalex North, launched in 2019 to extend the pro bono service offering in Nunavik, in partnership with the Nunavik Proximity Justice Center, Makivvik ᒪ ᑭᕝᕕᒃ Corporation, and the Quebec Ministry of Justice.
Novalex is a proud B Corp since 2017 and is the first and only law firm in Quebec to have obtained B Corp certification. It s an independent certification that confirms the firms high standards of social and environmental impact, ethical governance and transparency.
Awards & Accolades :
- Best Lawyers Canada 2024: Stephanie Lisa Roberts (Aboriginal Law and Indigenous Practice; Administrative and Public Law), Jean-François Lehoux (Class Action Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation), Daniel Bénay (Class Action Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation), Camille Miconnet (Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law)
- Canada s Top Growing Companies 2023
- Benchmark Litigation Canada 2023: Stephanie Lisa Roberts (Litigation Star), Sophie Tremblay (Future Star), Etienne Bisson Michaud (Future Star)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2022 Edition: Daniel Bénay (Leading Lawyer in Energy Law), Ryan Hillier (Leading Lawyer in Construction Law)
- L Actualité : Les Leaders de la croissance 2022: 10th fastest growing SME in Quebec
- litigation and dispute resolution
- business law (commercial and corporate)
- mergers and acquisitions
- class actions (plaintiff-side and defense)
- corporate financing
- penal and disciplinary law
- real estate and construction law
- labor law and employment
- intellectual property
- technology and trademarks
- constitutional and administrative law
- Aboriginal law
- family law
- municipal law
- personal injury
- international arbitration